Sunday 6 November 2011

Poison Idea - Raw Power, UK TV, 1992.

This is it, the one that started it all. Let me explain...

Back in the early to mid 90's there was a rock and metal TV show back in the UK that was broadcast in the early hours of Friday morning, usually around 3 or 4 AM. Every Thursday night I'd set the video to record it and I'd watch it before school the next day.

Well on this fateful night I witnessed something that I would forever hold dear. Amongst the dross that week there was an interview with a fellow called Jerry from a band called Poison Idea. I watched the interview with what seemed to be a very quiet and mild mannered bloke, then saw the video footage of nothing but pure abject chaos! It was beautiful and I was addicted.

I thank Poison Idea and hold them in high regard today for opening my eyes in 1992 and showing me the way.

Anyway the clip is broken down like this...interview, Taken By Surprise promo and Punish Me promo.

The video for Punish Me is one of the greatest things committed to video tape and I would kill to see more footage from the gig in question. A whole pro shot recording would probably make me prolapse from pure joy.

Well enough talking....here's the video.


1 comment: