Friday 13 January 2012

Pig Out....Farewell gig article

Okay friends. I lost this article a long time ago and I didn't expect to see it again. It's a piece that appeared in Metal Hammer magazine in the UK in 1993 and focuses on the bands "last" gig before they split.

I recently got back in touch with the writer of the piece, James Sherry, a fellow who I traded tapes with and whatnot back in the day. A fine fellow in many ways and a true gent. He scanned this article for me and made me a very happy chap. Cheers James! I owe you a drink should our paths ever cross!

Anyway it's an interesting article and shows the animosity between Jerry and Pig during that period in time, and then there's the line from Pig regarding his drug use: "You can see what I've been up to".

RIP Tom.







5 comments:

  1. Great interview. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vL-Hic-XPw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, im from the UK and stumbled across your site, its amazing, thaks for taking the time to do this. Im a massive PI fan, but only got into them a few years ago so never got to see them in their prime. I see they are playing some european dates this summer, hoping they come to the uk so I can at least see Jerry A in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting all of this stuff. I didn't realize PI was so well known within the Metal Hammer and Kerrang circles back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, can you please update the files for this interview? :)

    ReplyDelete